We’re on a mission to create great bio-technology IP. To help us, we’re looking for great talent and skills.
We’re currently looking for the following :-
Graduate/Intern electrical engineering/biochemistry/biotechnology/biology for short-term contract. Bristol 29,000 (pro-rata)
biotIP is looking for a recent graduate of electrical engineering/ biochemistry/biotechnology/biology to develop of a novel testing device, that can be used for detection of Covid-19.
biotIP’s current business is customised development of diagnostic and biosensing solutions for environmental, defence and healthcare markets. This project focuses on digitising currently used lateral flow assays, enabling real time data transmission, and building the technology that can be used for implementation of immunity passports for every individual.
We are looking for candidates with excellent technical skills, that can perform in a fast-paced environment and be an essential part of our R&D team. You will focus on electrical signal capturing methodology, that utilise paper bases test (lateral flow assay) which currently have a visual output. This research-oriented role includes lab work (80%) and data analysis, presentations, and computer-based research (20%). Your primary task will be performing experiments and finding solutions necessary to achieve our goal. Creativity is highly encouraged. Our team is multidisciplinary ranging from biology to electronics and signal processing.
If you have a lot of enthusiasm, a great deal of creativity, problem solving and communication skills, this is a role for you.
- Lab based testing and assay development
- Tackling of technical challenges & troubleshooting
- Maintaining laboratory notes
- Working independently based on agreed protocols/objectives
- Communication of the acquired data to the internal team
Requirements for the role:
- Relevant degree and experiences in the field
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Great attention and eye for fine detail
- Ability to perform experiments and analyse the data with a critical approach
- Understanding of electrical components and principles (AC & DC signals, resistors, capacitors etc.)
- Experience with the use of potentiostat, oscilloscope or other data acquisition system
- Great dexterity
- Experience in biological assay development
- Protein conjugation, gold nanoparticles, experience in a wet lab environment
biotIP is a family friendly company.
Interested candidates should reply with a current CV to WorkWithUs@biotIP.co.uk