We’re on a mission to create great bio-technology IP. To help us, we’re looking for great talent and skills.
Please note, because of the short term nature of this post, we’re currently unable at this time to consider applicants who require a visa for working in the UK.
We’re currently looking for the following :-
Electrochemist (Lateral Flow Assay Developer) 2-4 months – possibly more.
Bristol, 29,000 – 37,000 (pro-rata, depending upon experience)
A new role has arisen for an ambitious and hard-working electrochemist on our novel lateral flow assay to be used to detect Covid-19. The role will include guidance and support by our senior biosensing advisor and biotIP’s CSO.
We are looking for candidates with excellent technical skills, that can perform in a fast-paced environment and be an essential part of our R&D team. This project focuses on digitising currently used lateral flow assays, enabling real-time data transmission, and building the technology that can be used for implementation of immunity passports for every individual. You will focus on electrical signal capturing methodologies, that utilise paper-based tests (lateral flow assays). The role includes lab work (80%) and data analysis, presentations, and computer-based research (20%). Your primary task will be performing experiments and finding solutions necessary to achieve our goal. Creativity is highly encouraged. Our team is multidisciplinary ranging from biology to electronics and signal processing.
If you have a lot of enthusiasm, a great deal of creativity, problem-solving and communication skills, this is a role for you.
– Lab-based testing and assay development
– Tackling of technical challenges & troubleshooting
– Maintaining laboratory notes
– Working independently based on agreed protocols/objectives
– Communication of the acquired data to the internal team
Requirements for the role:
– Relevant degree and experience in the field
– Problem-solving skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Great attention and eye for fine detail
– Ability to perform experiments and analyse the data with a critical approach
– Experience with the use of potentiostats, oscilloscopes or other data acquisition systems
– Experience in electrochemical techniques is an advantage (potentiometry, amperometry, impedance analysis)
– Experience in biological assay development
– Protein conjugation, use of gold nanoparticles, experience in a wet lab environment
For further details on the role or to send us your CV please contact us via WorkWithUs@biotIP.co.uk