We’re on a mission to create great bio-technology IP. To help us, we’re looking for great talent and skills.
Please note, because of the short term nature of this post, we’re currently unable at this time to consider applicants who require a visa for working in the UK.
We’re currently looking for the following :-
Technician – Lateral flow assay development
Bristol, 18,000 – 30,000 p.a. (depending upon experience) ASAP, length: 1 year with possibility of continuation
biotIP is looking for a graduate-level technician with experience in biochemistry/ biotechnology/ biology/chemistry or electrochemistry (preferred) to assist in development of novel assays for detection or monitoring of SARS-CoV2/Covid-19 antigens and antibodies.
biotIP’s current business is customised development of diagnostic and biosensing solutions for environmental and healthcare markets. This role focuses on digitising currently used lateral flow tests, enabling real time data transmission, and building the technology that can be used for implementation of immunity passport.
We are looking for candidates with excellent technical skills that can perform in a fast-paced environment and be an essential part of our growing R&D team. This research-oriented role includes lab work (80%) and data analysis (20%). Your primary task will be performing experiments and reporting results to the R&D team. Creativity is highly encouraged. Our team is multidisciplinary ranging from microbiology, chemistry, electrochemistry to electronics and product design.
If you have a lot of enthusiasm, a great deal of creativity, a knack for problem solving and better than average communication skills, this is a role for you.
– Lab-based testing and assay development
– Tackling of technical challenges & troubleshooting
– Maintaining laboratory notes
– Working independently based on agreed protocols/objectives
– Communication of the acquired data to the internal team
Requirements for the role:
– Relevant degree and experience in the field
– Problem-solving skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Great attention and eye for fine detail
– Ability to perform experiments and analyse the data with a critical approach
– Experience with the use of potentiostats, oscilloscopes or other data acquisition systems
– Experience in electrochemical techniques is an advantage (potentiometry, amperometry, impedance analysis)
– 2+ years of experience in a technical role performing experimental work in a biochemical environment (industry preferred)
– Experience in development of lateral flow assays would be a big advantage
– Experience in electrochemistry is a big advantage (potentiometry, amperometry, impedance analysis)
For further details on the role or to send us your CV please contact us via WorkWithUs@biotIP.co.uk